Welcome to AgriEducate!
Wondering how the quinoa on your eggs benedict is grown? Or where the cotton in your t-shirt comes from? Well…
- The AgriEducate 2019 Essay Competition results are out! Find them all here. Stay tuned for the 2020 competition.
- We’re supporting the Visible Farmer project – a series of 15 mini-documentaries on the contributions of women in agriculture, which launched on 28th August 2019! Learn more about the project here and make sure you follow Visible Farmer on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
At AgriEducate we are looking to re-engage urban and rural Australia by providing a platform for urban-rural connection, developing accessible agri-education and further encouraging involvement with agriculture.
Developing communication pathways through social media reduces the ‘us’ vs. ‘them’ mentality that can often arise with divisive issues, instead presenting both farmers and city dwellers as people trying to make the right decision by their family, morals and job. The Australian Agricultural Industry needs involvement from everyone so that it remains sustainable on an environmental, social and economic level.
AgriEducate has four formats:
- The AgriEducate Twitter account, connecting urban question ‘askers’ with farmers
- Email us for all questions, suggestions and comments for those without Twitter
- Farming fact sheets providing easily accessible information on general farming practices and alternatives
- Educational posts about food production and the agricultural industry.
Well, agriculture is fascinating topic with a diverse array of skills, technology and knowledge required and we reckon everyone has something to learn about it. Did you know beer comes from barley seed that’s just sprouted, or that cotton seed oil (extracted in the process of getting the fibre) is used in cooking? Neat, huh!
The online platform allows those without agricultural connections to connect with farmers and others in the industry, breaking down the barriers of distance. And how successful is a business that fails to understand consumer preferences? AgriEducate enables farmers to ask the consumers questions about matters important to them.
We believe that a well connected and informed industry, and an understanding populace will ensure the Australian Agricultural Industry continues to be a world leader in innovation, quality and environmental management. We hope to continue the environmental, economic and social sustainability of the industry into the future.